2019 AAAM PRE-CONFERENCE
DIGITAL HUMANITIES AFRO-FUTURISM WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
Advancing digital learning, alliance-building, and resource sharing through highly interactive discussions with leading Digital Humanities scholars and practitioners in Digital Humanities. Designed to provide an intensive, community-oriented, and foundational approach to learning technical skills in service of historically African American institutions and affiliated organizations focused on the care, collection, and preservation of Black culture.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
$30 Registration Fee
- Lunch is included
- Refreshments will be provided
- Maximum number of participants: 20 people
No prior Digital Humanities expertise needed!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Practitioners from African American museums, libraries, historic sites and cultural centers in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean seeking insight on how technology can extend their institutional capacity, thereby making their collections and programs more accessible to the communities they serve.
Tuesday, August 6 (8:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Wednesday, August 7 (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
(All participants will be required to attend both days of the workshop to receive the Certificate of Completion).
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Build Community | Join a growing network of leaders, scholars, and technologists to explore new modes of inquiry that thoughtfully integrate digital tools and methods and service the mission of your institution.
- Learn New Skills | Build technical and professional skills through collaborative, hands-on workshops, and a project development lab to help explore, enhance, or increase your digital literacy and confidence using digital tools.
- Share Resources | Engage with leaders who are passionate about using digital tools to enhance their work and share best practices in a dynamic meeting of the minds in which a meaningful exchange of ideas will emerge.
Jackson State University Innovation Lab
(Transportation will be provided from the Westin Hotel & Hilton Garden Inn).